Title: Wang Fanxi Archive
Classmark: MS 1709
Main language: English; Chinese
Includes Wang Fanxi's memoirs and other writings including one on Mao Zedong's thought on the Cultural Revolution his manuscript 'Zheng Chaoli: the man and his deeds', documents relating to his appointment to Lingnan School in Macao, family correspondence, correspondence with G. Benton, Frank Glass, Pierre Frank, Louis Sinclair, Pierre Rousset, Jiu Jing, Sun Liang, Ma Si, Lou Guohua and Alex Buchman, correspondence and documents relating to Wang and comrades of the Fourth Communist International with Shan xi Ying yi and application for visa. Also encompasses Chinese Trotskyist records of the Amsterdam Institute of Social History, manuscript of Zheng Chaolin, articles by Sun Lian, Ma Si, Lou Zichun, documents, magazines and research relating to Chinese Trotskyists, manuscripts and drafts of Wang Fanxi, Zheng Chaolin and Lou Guohua on Chen Duxiu, Duxiu's writings, speeches and articles, document collections relating to the Fourth Communist International, magazines, documents and correspondence relating to the Trotskyists of Hong Kong, documents from the cases of Wang Shiwei, Wu Zhongxian, Liu Shanquing and Wei Jingsheng, archival papers of the Hoover Institution and Harvard University on Trotskyists, and various newspaper cuttings, including photocopies of the Trotskyist newspaper 'Fight'.
1. Chinese Revolutionary Memoirs 1919-1949 (Shuang Shan’s Memoirs, 1980)：Oxford: University of Oxford Press (English translation), and reprinted by Columbia University.
2. Shuang Shan’s Memoirs (《双山回忆录》)： in French, Chinese (typographic printing in 1957, and English（the first three chapters translated in Macau.
3. Book reviews of Shuang Shan’s Memoirs by Paul LeBlanc, Lee Feigon, etc.
4. Shuang Shan’s Memoirs: prefaces of editions and correspondences with publishers.
5. Wang Fanxi’s scripts (plays).
6. Wang Fanxi’s manuscriptⅠ(王凡西 文稿): On Mao Zedong Thought（《毛泽东思想论稿》）， On the Cultural Revolution (《论文革》)， Letters to Japanese Friends on the Cultural Revolution (《关于文革致日本朋友的信》)，on People’s Commune (《人民公社》）,etc.
7. Wang Fanxi’s manuscript Ⅱ: Mao Zedong Thought and the Sino-Soviet Relations（《毛泽东思想和中苏关系》）; Wang Fanxi’s translations (译稿)：Poetry and Autobiography, by Yevgeny Yevtushenko(《诗和自传》)，Literature and Revolution, by Leon Trotsky (《文学与革命》), etc.
8. Wang Fanxi’s manuscript Ⅲ
9. Wang Fanxi’s manuscript Ⅳ: Trotskyists and Trotsky（托派与老托）
10. Personal records of Wang Fanxi (王凡西 个人档案): Photocopies of Chinese Trotskyist Newspapers ‘Struggle’（托派机关报《斗争》），Appointments of Lingnan High School in Macau (60年代澳门岭南中学受聘书)，Family correspondences (家庭通信)，Correspondences between Wang and Gregor Benton (王凡西班国瑞通信)，Applications for visa (王的签证申请),etc.
11. Correspondences and documents between Wang and comrades of the Fourth International (王凡西与第四国际友人通信、文件): with Yamanishi Eiichi 1959-1970 (山西英一), Pierre Frank, Frank Glass, and Louis Sinclair，the Letter of Chinese Trotskyist Unification Congress to Comrade Trotsky in 1931 (1931年《统一大会致老托信》)， Japanese newspaper ‘World Revolution’ (日本报纸《世界革命》), etc.
12. Wang Fanxi’s essays and notes (王凡西短文、立场、议事).
13. Zheng Chaolin Ⅰ: the man and his deeds (郑超麟-其人其事），Gregor Benton’s translation of Zheng Chaolin Memoirs (郑书译稿)，photocopy of Yu Yi Can ji (复印版《玉尹残集》)， Hui Longfang Memoirs (《回龙坊待访录》原稿), etc.
14. Zheng Chaolin Ⅱ: manuscript (郑超麟 文稿)
15. Zheng Chaolin Ⅲ: the man and his deeds (郑超麟 记人记事)
16. Articles of Sun Liang, Ma Si, Lou Guohua (孙良、马四、楼国华 文)
17. Documents of Chinese Trotskyists (中国托派文件) : e.g. Release the Arrested Chinese Trotskyists Immediately! An Open Letter to the Central Committee of the CCP（致中共信）; reports, statements and drafts for rescuing Trotskyists in China; Zheng Chaolin’s open letters to the CCP, etc.
18. Manuscripts and drafts of Wang Fanxi, Zheng Chaolin and Lou Guohua on Chen Duxiu (王凡西、郑超麟、楼国华关于陈独秀的文稿): e.g. Chen Duxiu and Trotskyists by Zheng, etc.
19. The translation of Chen Duxiu’s Last Articles and Letters 1937-1942 by Gregor Benton; Chen’s speeches, letters, etc.
20. Chen Duxiu Studies(陈独秀研究)
21. Correspondences between Frank Glass and Wang Fanxi (李福仁[Frank Glass]与王凡西的书信往来)
22. Frank Glass: the man and his deeds (李福仁其人其事)
23. Correspondences with FI comrades (与同志书信) : Pierre Frank, Louis Sinclair, Pierre Rousset, and Sakai Yoshichi (酒井与七)
24. Peng Shuzhi (彭述之)
25. Chinese Trotskyists: published party journal in the 1930-40s, documents and studies (中国托派-刊物、文件、研究)
26. Document collection of the Fourth International (第四国际文件集)
27. Hong Kong Trotskyists(香港托派) : magazines, documents and correspondences (刊物、文件、书信)
27. Cases of Wang Shiwei, Wu Zhongxian, Liu Shanqing, and Wei Jingsheng (王实味、吴仲贤、刘山青、魏京生 四案资料)
28. Letters of Alex Buchman (白克曼的信) and a letter from Max Shachtman in 1953.
29. Archival papers of Chinese Trotskyists, from Hoover Institute，Harvard University (哈佛大学胡佛研究院档案), Trotsky’s letters and papers (托洛茨基文)
30. Trotsky Studies(托洛茨基研究) and Correspondences between Wang and Alexander Pantsov
31. Letters to Wang Fanxi (给王凡西的书信)
32. Letters from Sun Liang, Ma Si, and Lou Guohua to Wang Fanxi (孙良、马四、楼国华致王凡西的信)
33. Letters from Zheng Chaolin to Lou Guohua (郑超麟致楼国华信)
34. Letters from Zheng Chaolin to Wang Fanxi (郑超麟致王凡西信)
35. International, the journals published by British section of the Fourth International, 1973-1983 (第四国际英国支部刊物)
36. Newspaper cuttings for characters (人物剪报)
37. International Internal Discussion (1976-1985); Internal Information Bulletin; Education For Socialists,etc. (第四国际内部讨论)
38. International Viewpoint, the Official Journals of the Fourth International, Jan, 1990-Dec 1992 (第四国际公开刊物:《国际观点》)
39. Research and newspaper cuttings for the Chinese Great Revolution in 1925-27, (1925-27年中国大革命史研究、剪报)
40. Newspaper cuttings for the history of Chinese Communist Party (中共党史剪报)
41. Newspaper cuttings, documents and other materials for Chinese Democracy Movement in 1989 (1989民运 剪报、文件、材料)
42. Newspaper cuttings of Hong Kong’s return to China in 1997 (1997年香港回归 剪报)
43. Newspaper cuttings, documents and other materials for Chinese Democracy Movement in 1979-1981 (1979-81年 民运 剪报、文件、材料)
44. Newspaper cuttings of Chinese current situation (中国情况剪报)
(The following was recently identified and numbered in pencil)
45. Letters from Wang's relatives, friends and scholars (in the 1980s and 1990s)
46. Correspondences between Wang and his comrades (in the 1980s and 1990s)
47. Translations, posters and (official) letters
48. Photocopies of publications on Trotskyism and other political issues (mainly in the 1980s and 1990s)
Wang Fanxi (1907-2002) was a leading Chinese Trotskyist revolutionary. He moved to Leeds in 1975.
Catalogues of archives are usually arranged in hierarchies - one hierarchy for each collection in the archive. The details on display will be of a record at a particular level of the hierarchy. There may be other records above, below, or alongside this record in the same hierarchy. The full hierarchy is shown below.
Catalogues of archives are usually arranged in hierarchies - one hierarchy for each collection in the archive. The details on display will be of a record at a particular level of the hierarchy. There may be other records above, below, or alongside this record in the same hierarchy. You can see the full hierarchy under 'In this collection'.